Monday 21 July 2008

Cats and Horses

I had my second riding lesson today - after my 9 week enforced break - and learned about the 'sub-gaits' of walk, trot, and canter (collected, working, medium, and extended).  I also learned how to get the horse to put an extra stride in before the second jump of a double - fab!  It was far from perfect, I assure you, but the point is, I guess, that not only did I manage the full half hour without passing out/throwing up, I also managed to a bit of jumping, and as always with my wonderful instructor, learned loads!!!

I did have a 2 hour nap when I got home, mind!

091

Little Kitty

Bramble is growing up so fast, and can be a vicious little git at times.  He takes advantage of the youngest whenever he can, and the other day, had both hubby and little one hiding under the duvet after he attacked them both and started growling!!!  I just grab him by the scruff of the neck and smack his rear end before locking him in the kitchen alone for 10 mins, and as a result, he's better behaved for me.  As for the eldest, I don't think she's been bitten once by him - he adores her!  We all still love him though, and when he's in a cuddly mood, he's the sweetest thing you ever met.

117

I'm getting bigger, mum!

119

Looking all grown up at only 12 weeks.

 

Of course all this riding and chastising the kitty doesn't leave any energy for writing, as I'm sure you've guessed.  Bloody good job my PhD is on hold (intercalated) for a year, innit!  Not that I've forgotten about it though.  Oh No!  Tis on my mind all the time!

No comments: