Wednesday 4 July 2007

4th July and all that Glasgae stuff

Isn't this a special date for some reason?! I think it must be super special because it even has its own website. Imagine that. A date with its own website!

I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Cripes! Where'd all those days get to?

Some funny stuff was sent to me in an email about the terrorist attacks in Glasgow - not that the attacks were funny... but just that a comparison between US reactions and Glasgae reactions are very funny!


So here ye are...

If Saturday's incident had happened in a US airport, compared to Glasgow Airport

Eyewitness accounts.

America: "Oh my God! There was a man on fire, he was running about, I just ran for my life...I thought I was going to die, he got so close to me"

Glasgow: "C*nt wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him"

America: "I just want to get home, away from here...I just want to get home, I thought I was going to die"

Glasgow: "Am no leaving here till am oan a f*ckin' plane!"

America: "there was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was happening ; I thought I was going to die"

Glasgow: "F*ck this, moan we'll get a pint in"

America: "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were going to die, I just ran for my life"

Glasgow: " A walked by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot, he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America: "I'm too traumatised even to speak, I thought I was going to die"

Glasgow: "here mate, gees 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear, if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

And finally, two REAL quotes from an eye-witness - John Smeaton

John has just surpassed his interview on the National ITV news. ITV Interviewer asked: "What message do you have for the bombers"

John replied: ... "This is Glasgow we'll set aboot yae"

John was interviewed yesterday on CNN. CNN Interviewer asked: "How did you manage to restrain the terrorist?"

John replied: ... "Me and the other folk were just tryin to get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him"!

Mr Smeaton - Local Hero!

Many thanks for the perpetrator of that particular email!!!

I think I've fallen in love with Glasgow!

UPDATE:

Apparently I'm a C-list Blogger!

C-List Blogger

7 comments:

Jon M said...

Brill! Have you read Matt's rambles on the subject?

hesitant scribe said...

Ooh no i haven't seen it... which Matt where Matt?!

Jon M said...

Matt at: http://hedgedefender.blogspot.com/

Its very funny (I think).

hesitant scribe said...

hi Jon - thanking you kindly sire - tis very funny!

Jon M said...

Irriz innit

hesitant scribe said...

irriz indeed! and good morning to you :)

Anonymous said...

I like that, very funny! :-))